2018 Chairs: Matthew Fitzgerald & Marilyn Hemstreet
The Owen J. Roberts Music Parent Organization Cavalcade of Bands is The BIG Event for the marching band season! Held annually for over 46 years, this is the MPO’s largest single event and is recognized throughout the region as one of the finest Cavalcades around!! Typically scheduled in the late afternoon through evening of the first Saturday in October, the Cavalcade features performances by our own Middle and High School Marching Bands, as well as other well-known regional school bands and often a feature act to finish off the night with a grand finale. Every band brings a superior effort, creative choreography, stunning visuals, and an impressive sound that lifts our Wildcat Stadium to life! Taking the largest, single event number of volunteers, the proceeds from this event account for about one third of the MPO’s annual budget making this event a very important source of income for our music programs.
WHAT THE CHAIR and CO-CHAIR DO:
- Organization and management of: all cavalcade needs
- Documentation or modification of all procedures and processes pertaining to the cavalcade
- Managing budget for the event
TIME COMMITTMENT FOR THE CHAIR and CO-CHAIR COMMITTMENT:
- Work begins in late October through the next October (12 months time)
- Several hours a month until August then 4 to 8 hours a week
- Volunteers are needed for regular band game efforts
- Additional Candy Grams, Program and Ad Sales, & Hospitality
Voluteer Sign ups for the Calvacade Coming soon.....